Search This Blog

Friday, November 04, 2011

InfoHost User Group Meeting 2011

iGroup/InfoHost host their User Group Meeting today and I was invited to join this event.

InfoHost User Group Meeting 2011

Date: Friday, 4th November 2011
Time: 0830-1400hrs
Venue: Orchard Hotel Singapore, Orchard Ballroom I, Level 3, 442 Orchard Road, Singapore 238879

They have specially invited 3 distinguished speakers for this meeting:

- Dr Scott Nicholson (Associate Professor), School of Information Studies Syracuse University

- Mr John Shipp (University Librarian), the University Of Sydney

- Mr Michael B. Morgan (President & CEO), Morgan & ClayPool Publishers to share with us their expertise and insights.

Dr Scott Nicholson interesting talk is on “Gaming Programs for Academic Libraries”

Mr John Shipp on “Extreme-E” and Mr Michael B. Morgan on “Beyond Ebooks” at the event.

They have also included an exhibition area to showcase the latest products and offerings from represented publishers.

10 Seats was allocated for LAS for this event and I appreciate Ms Susan Pey personal reply and her warm reception at the meeting.

I think my best harvest for the day was getting re-connected with friends and counterparts from various libraries and updating my knowledge and understanding of the Gaming trends in General and their applications in the library! That will add new juice for my training in LAS/WSQ Level 2 courses.

Extreme-E and Beyond Ebooks ignites my desire to look into e-books interactive format and innovative publication in details!

I think Ebooks has its new dynamics that evolve itself from still pdf or audio book. When it become more comfortable and interesting to reader, it will be accepted and I think printed books that we have will become valuable "collectable items" in years to come!

No comments: