Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Some one likes my blog so much... ?

younus: Leadership

14 Sep 2010 ... Dexterine's life journey with LAS (Library Association of Singapore): Part 1 of 5 ...... Inno Hands-on Workshop · Some Learning Tips ...

http://hafiz-younus.blogspot.com/2010/09/leadership.html

If you click the link and go to the website, you will be surprised that it was a copy of my blog.

I discovered it accidentally today when I google for something on the web and I think the person who "likes my blog so much ...?" has used a software to hijack all my blog postings on 14 Sept 2010.  The post I had written on leadership dated 14 Sept was shown as the top post, and all other posts before that date was there with all the tags and labels unchanged!

My photo was there too and the header with a brief introductory of my blog below my photo was there without any changes, it is 100% e-copying!  

Everything I have written up to that date was stored in that blog and all the links are working and can be clicked and you will be able to navigate!

After careful examination, I noted something being added on top of the my blog posting "Leadership":


When I check his blog using the main blogspot entry:

http://hafiz-younus.blogspot.com/

I realised it is another copy of hijacked work done by "younus" who claimed the authorship of others' blog postings.  The same top header was inserted and if one is not careful in browsing, one may think that he is the original writer of the blog.

As I am curious to know more about this "younus" who is the Copy CAT of my blog, I run through the hijacked pages and notice that he inserted "About me"  Muhammad Younus

next to the "TAG" label of my blog




I clicked to view his profile, and here are some details I found on the page:

Muhammad Younus
Gender: Male
Industry: Education
Occupation: Education
Location: Toba Tek Singh : Punjab : Pakistan
Email: myounus760@gmail.com myounus760@gmail.com



The photo he had on the profile page is a "Motorcycle"

So it is just a "Motor machine" behind the act of copying and the "Copy CAT" choose not to face the readers of his "blogs"!

I think it is interesting to see that "Clever People" misused their talent and intelligent to steal intellectual property.

To keep this encounter as my training example, here is the Cached link from the google search:

younus: Leadership14 Sep 2010 ... Dexterine's life journey with LAS (Library Association of Singapore): Part 1 of 5 ...... Inno Hands-on Workshop · Some Learning Tips ...

hafiz-younus.blogspot.com/2010/09/leadership.html - Cached
 
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:LQuy9Fl7-FQJ:hafiz-younus.blogspot.com/2010/09/leadership.html+%22inno+hands-on%22+dexterine&cd=48&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg&source=www.google.com.sg
 
With the Cached Copy from Google, the "CopyCAT's copy" is there for checking all the time, I can always use it in my training to show library trainers, course participants and librarians a life example of how "Hijacking" Blog look like and share with them my personal experience!
 
Dexterine Ho

No comments: