Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Daily thought needs exercise too...

Whatever I shared here may sound familiar to you:

In my life journey, one of the biggest problems to better performance is the uncontrolled thought and feeling that block the flow in my daily works, especially worrying thoughts and depressive feeling.

I know that it is a waste of time and resources to dwell on unproductive thought and feeling, yet I just let my energy drain in these pointless loops sometimes.

Brain, like body, requires exercise to keep fit.

For our physical body, daily exercises will give us a good body shape. Hence, I take up yoga and try to build it into my daily routines.

For our mental health, good daily brain exercise, will create a routine mental loop that results in good mental habit and behaviour.  To make it work, I read newspapers and watch news everyday.  In addition, reading good books, doing art and craft or watercolour paintings make me feel great and stay in a positive mood.

By adding in physical and mental exercises, somehow the immune system is being set up to replace the worrying thoughts and depressive feeling.

That may explains why the current trends of taking up yoga and other forms of exercises are becoming popular now.

Likewise art courses in all forms are being subscribed to by many all over the world!

Dexterine Ho Soo Miang



No comments: