Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finding and creating yourself

Life isn't about finding yourself.  Life is about creating yourself.

-- George Bernard Shaw

I think most of us are searching the path to find ourselves and the meaning of life in this earthy journey. Along the way, we created something different to call "self" and life fulfilment!

It is not possible and sometime a bit hard for most of us not to create something along the path we travel. We live a normal life, yet, it is normal not to repeat the way other did with their lives!

I find my creative incentive in my daily life, in library work, in learning and reading or in training new or old subjects!
It is the joys of having or experiencing something new from the world I lived, the people and events I experienced that make my days!

Sometime it is creation from my own explorations or with my hand works, sometime it is conversation with the like-minded and new works that give me great thrills in life and keep me going!

Personally, I think "creating" works for me! I find it easier to create something new than to follow something in existing practice. 

It is "be" and "through the creation process", some self discovery is found and done. 

I think to teach or train someone to do something is easy if we allow creation to happen naturally in the learning journey!

That is why I enjoy teaching and training as no session is the same. The learners, trainees and participants are creative souls that enrich the sessions.

Teaching is the way I share my experience and with the little light I hold, I can light up many candles that make the room illuminated. 

When you are in the room with bright hearts that are shining and mirroring one another, learning is joyful and training is contentment!


Dexterine Ho Soo Miang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice