Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2014

How to wrap a book as present!


Christmas is a gift giving season, and I like to give friends and family members books I think they may like to read, as presents.

To match the Christmas theme, I use red colour graphic paper for one book, and white colour one for the other.

As both books are for my lady friends, I use lady's collar to decorate the top of the wrapping. 

To make the white one look more appealing, a paper rose from the same wrapper was made and added to the collar.  The little add on made it more feminine.

For the red one, I made a ribbon bow and sealed it with double sided tape, then attached it to the collar.

At our lunch gathering on 11 Dec, I was glad that both friends liked the wrapping design I created, and received it with a smile.  I do hope that they find the book a good read too! 

As they liked the design of this gift wrapping and did not like to unwrap it so soon, my advice to them:

Use a pair of scissors or a letter opener to open the bottom of the wrapping, then hold the item upright, with the force of gravity, the book will drop on the floor, or on their hand.  

They may display the gift wrapping design, and enjoy the reading before boxing day!

Have a Merry Christmas!


Dexterine Ho Soo Miang

No comments: