Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On making the right decision

In addition to self-awareness, imagination and conscience, it is the fourth human endowment-independent will-that really makes effective self-management possible.
It is the ability to make decisions and choices and to act in accordance with them. It is the ability to act rather than to be acted upon, to proactively carry out the program we have developed through the other three endowments.

Empowerment comes from learning how to use this great endowment in the decisions we make every day.

-- Stephen Covey


Of all the abilities that one has, decision making is most crucial in one's life journey!
 
In my personal journey, I would like to exercise self-awareness, imagination and guard against my own conscience, with that, I have made a decision lately:
 
I would rather "Live in a world with "Vision", and not "Blinding" myself with work!"

With the loads of work I have for over 30 years in the library and teaching world (labour of love, most of the time), I have the awareness lately that my I had overloaded my eyes too much which cause retinal tear of my left eye. 

Born with the mind set of wanting to explore creative way of doing things, I may had exhausted my eyes with all the visual treats I received or created in my personal and work life.  Now, I have come to a decision that even the work is valuable and meaningful, it will not be "visible" to me if I am unable to view it in the future. Hence, what I am doing is doing more harm than good for my "Vision".  To do or not to do, a painful decision is now made with ease!

If you do not have any problem with your eyes and vision, it is hard for anyone to make a decision not to overwork as all the work now required overtime and over strain of eyes.

If you are in the situation that your eye is so painful, dye, and need lubrication every 1-2 hours, even the decision is made, it is already too late for the good for the rest of your life!

Nevertheless, it is better late than never! 


Dexterine Ho
 

1 comment:

Reiki Ranch said...

I ran across your blog on "next" and I like it a lot! Keep up the good work!

visit mine here Reiki Instant Pain Release and Alternative health