Search This Blog

Monday, December 08, 2008

Simply do nothing

When I feel drained from the long week full of activities (talks, workshops, seminars, visiting exhibition, attend social functions/performance and running errands), I find it good to relax and take a break and simply do nothing.

Instead of going out and running at a busy pace, I just like to stay at home to read newspaper or catch up on some good books to calm the nerves.

Some time, if the eyes are too tired and reading become a task that is hard to accomplish, listening to music or news is a great release!

Instead of creating a busy schedule with lot of self-imposed enrichment activities, I just like to be lazy and simply do nothing!

If you think doing nothing is easy, my experience tell me that it is not.

To calm the mind is hard as we are so used to keep my mind updated with social trends, current news and knowledge acquisitions.

We need activities to make us feel that we are living!

Some joys in life do come from fruitful and meaningful activities.

Nevertheless, it's important to simply do nothing and use this space to regroup our mind.

If I utilize all the energy I can for a while, I will soon find things get hectic and beyond my control. Whenever I used to enjoy will become a task/chore that I find it hard to accompanied!

No comments: