Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Artistic leisure

At time when I like to pursue artistic leisure, I might prefer to be on my own most of the day.

Without exteral interuption, I can buckle down to personal projects and give free rein to my imagination.

Most of my artistic leisure project may not be practical, nevertheless the process of doing it is very enjoyable.

It is quite natural for me to act on the spur of the moment when I have some ideas to explore. If someone is around and I am being questioned on the what, why and how, the flow of the artistic thought will be destroyed and I will feel very frustrated.

I think my water colour teacher and classmates who enjoyed the flow of the strokes in their quiet moment will experience the same. We need to lock some time for ourselves and our work. The union of the soul and creative work have to be in a chamber which is forbidden to other.

Dexterine Ho

No comments: