2. Professional Service Award – Ms Ngian Lek Choh (National Library Board)
3. Outstanding Newcomer Award – Mr Aaron Tay Chee Hsien (NUS Libraries)
4. Library School Scholarship - Mr Cheng Eng Aun (NUS Libraries)
5. Special Librarian Passion Award – Ms Charlotte Gill (Li Ka Shing Library)
I took the opportunity to congratulate them on their dedication to the profession and cheered them on with fellow LAS members!
- 09.30 am Registration
- 10.00 am Opening and the LAS Awards
- 11.00 pm Brunch/Networking/New Year Activities
- 12.45 pm End of programme
"Deeply committed and visionary people will also tend to be frustrated and impatient. But I’m here to tell you that with dedication and patience you will not only survive, but thrive. Our profession is counting on you to do so. Only the best and the brightest are frustrated. Everyone else is bored, or unengaged, or biding their time for retirement. You are the ones we simply cannot do without."
Hence, remember that the best and most committed librarians get frustrated ... if you're frustrated, you are a good librarian. If you're not frustrated, then you're bored, unengaged or near retirement.
A big "thank you" to Ms Susan Song (See photo below) who selected me for the award and the event organiser: LAS Council the Programmes and Social Committee 2011/2012!
* Professional Development Scheme (PDS) Points
* Eligible for PDS Points: This activity attracts 46 points under the Industry Knowledge Development (ID) category." Participate in library related talks, forums, discussion sessions and business meetings (e.g. AGM, Council & Committee meetings) organized by LAS or other libraries (provided they are open to LAS members or other librarians) "
(Revised on 12 May 2017)