Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Journey of the Book

Follow one book in high-speed from arrival at the library through processing and onto the shelf.

Journey of the Book
University of Illinois Libraries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lleGk0usLI8



If I had found this video before my Bib Control training last week, I could had saved a lot of time detailing the process to candidates who had no or little cataloguing experience.

Nevertheless, I think using the analogy of "I am a book" to share the journey of a book, and describe how it is being "accession", "bar coded", "classified", "label with call number" and put on the shelf is an interesting role play that I enjoy acting.

The humour of a talking and walking book which lead the tour of the journey also created a different impact on the audience!

Dexterine Ho

No comments: